High Level Control Expert (100%)Posted Date 1 week ago(9/15/2021 7:49 AM)
- Job Code
- Cement Excellence - Manufacturing
- # of Openings
As the world’s global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, Holcim is reinventing the way the world builds. Supported by a 70,000-strong global team spread across 70 markets and four industry segments, we are committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world.
If you would like to get more information about our corporate organization in Switzerland specifically, please visit our company profile.
No agencies can be considered for this job posting.
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. People who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Short description of the role:
You will be part of the Process & Production Department at Corporate (Cement Excellence Manufacturing). Your main tasks will be:
- Implementation, management, roll out and commissioning of the High Level Control (HLC) systems worldwide – from feasibility studies to full-blown project management around the topic of HLC (Mill Master & Kiln Master)
- Coordination and training of the Regional HLC champions to ensure Global standards, guidelines and best practices are implemented
- Create and maintain world-class documentation and training material to enable plants to maintain and optimize the HLC (including eLearning’s and videos)
- Organize the annual HLC Turntables, focused on creating networks for HLC champions, communities of practice and collaboration tools
- Develop new and optimize existing standardized operating strategies for operating kilns and grinding systems
- All tasks are fulfilled in cooperation with the CEM Process and Production Team and HLC champions at various levels in the organization (Regional, Country, Plant)
- Engineering degree, preferably Process, Automation or Chemical Engineering
- Experience in cement operations - industrial
- Experience in cement process optimization
- Experience in automation and programing
- Multicultural experience in a Corporate or Regional role is a plus
Knowledge & Skills
- Expertise in Mills and Kilns (process, operation and optimization, control loops and interlocks)
- Specific expertise domains: HLC Mill Master and HLC Kiln Master
- Project execution with multiple stakeholders
- Business / financial acumen in cement manufacturing
- Knowledge of one or more APC programming languages (LabVIEW is a plus)
- Knowledge transfer (documentation and training)
Language Requirements Fluent English (oral and written)
Local / International Local Employment
Travel Requirements 40%
OptionsApply for this jobApplyShareEmail this job to a friendReferSorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.Share on your newsfeed